CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Now!

Today is just one day closer to setting out for fires!
This Summer I got an AWESOME Oppertunity to go cook for wildfires this year. So far our kitchen has not been called out but hopefuly this week we can leave.
Last Thursday I got a call saying pack up and be ready in three hours. SO i hurry home, pack and wait for the call. Well guess what? I am STILL WAITING for the call!!! :(
It is so hard to be packed and ready but still have to live everyday with the stuff you pack.
I ask that you please pray for me as we are waiting. I need the job and I know my kitchen crew does too. I will try my hardest and blog daily but i do know it gets hectick up there! YOu can get updated at http://www.nifc.gov/ and got to Fire information on the left side then go to Incident Management Situation Report. its a pretty cool site. Please keep me in your prayers! I love you all
~Kyra~

7 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Well would you hurry up and be out there already!!!! Honey, I know you are anxious to leave and I am excited for you to see the world. Have fun and keep Jesus 1st in your life.
I love you
Mom

SheilaDy said...

I really love you too!!
If I had known that you are a cook...I would have hired you before the wildfires did!!

Shine your light!!
Aunt Sheila

PollyWolly said...

Just what your mom said!! I love you, sweetie, and hope you have a fun, exciting, safe summer! Don't forget you have an AWESOME GOD, who is greater and more awesome than we can even imagine, watching out for you! Be safe!
Love,
Paula
(your mom's weird friend)

little trees said...

Well girl looks like you have ton's of moral support along with god's. Stay true to yourself. We will think of you ofter.

With our thoughts
Davis and Linda Smallwood and the boys

Howdy!!! said...

Well it sure sounds like you have tons of people behind you. Hope that you have a great time!
Be Safe! i'll keep you in my prayers!
Love Yah!
KENZ!
(See You at fair!)

Sister Sue said...

Kyra, you just don't know that I have been praying for you to be able to come to the reunion....haha
I am excited for you and know that you will do great. You are a true blessing to me and an inspiration. you really are!!!
This old Aunt Sue loves you!!!!!

Jethro-Co said...

Kyra - your an awesome lady that God will use in amazing ways. We are really excited about your adventures. You've been a special friend and we will keep you in our prayers. Be safe!
Geo/Toni/Jessie